Medvedev holds meeting at Prosecutor General’s Office
Read on the website Vestnik KavkazaRussian President Dmitry Medvedev insists on punishing those involved
in illegal gambling in Moscow and demands that guilt be determined
only after judicial process.
Medvedev commented on a case on an illegal casino, supported by the
prosecution authorities of Moscow Region.
The president made his statement at the Prosecutor General’s Office.
The Investigation Committee said that the prosecutor of Moscow Region
had holidays abroad, financed by the suspected owner of the casino,
30-year-old businessman Ivan Nazarov. Deputy Prosecutor Alexander
Ignatenko was accused of friendship with Nazarov. Photographs were
produced as indicators.
The PR service of the FSB reported about the case last Monday. Photos
and videos demonstrated the links between the prosecution and illegal
gambling.
The Investigation Committee reported in the second half of last week
about frauds connected with land in the Krasnogorsky District, which
supposedly involved the prosecution service.
The Prosecutor General’s Office expressed indignation at the
accusations. Andrey Nekrasov, head of the main investigation
monitoring service, said on Friday that the accusations are a mockery
of the Constitution. He said that there is no proof. The Investigation
Committee had information on the casino but did not initiate a case
for a long time, Nekrasov said.
The Prosecutor General’s Office reported that the Moscow Regional
Prosecutor, Mokhov, and his deputy, Ignatenko, were temporarily
dismissed on the eve of Medvedev’s meeting.