Iran denies launch of missile in Persian Gulf
Read on the website Vestnik KavkazaA high-ranking Iranian Navy official has denied the country test-launched a wide-range missile during sea exercises in the Persian Gulf and said the launch was postponed, RIA Novosti reports.
Earlier on Saturday, the semi-official Fars news agency in Iran reported the Navy had launched a live missile in a zone of some 2,000 square kilometers in international waters between the Strait of Hormuz and the Gulf of Oman.
"A rocket launch will be held in the next few days," Vice-Admiral Mahmoud Mousavi told the Iranian Press TV channel.
It was unclear why the launch was postponed.
Iran has been holding naval exercises in the area since December 24 and are to continue for 10 days.