New details of Domodedovo Airport blast
Read on the website Vestnik KavkazaRussia's Investigative Committee has revealed new details of the suicide bombing at the Domodedovo Airport, Yuga.ru reports.
Ali-Yurt Magomed Yevloyev, a local from Ingushetia, committed suicide bombing at the Moscow Airport of Domodedovo on January 24, 2011, killing 37 and injuring over 100.
Doku Umarov, a militant leader, took responsibility for the act in February. Umarov and four of his supporters were accused in March. The court issued their arrest in October 2011.
Doku Umarov and Aslan Byutukayev and some of their supporters are on the international wanted list. Young people assisting the suicide bomber in Moscow and Ingushetia were detained. Rustam Altemirov, who studied the airport to bomb it, and another terrorist were killed in Istanbul, a member of Russian investigative authorities, Anatoly Iskantsev, said.
The official said that Yevloyev had been an ordinary 18-year old until he was recruited by religious fanatics and criminals. Yandiyev told that Yevloyev had shown no unusual behavior on his way to the airport, as the cab driver taking him there had confirmed.
The police believe that Yevloyev was attracted by a wealthy man from Bulgaria.
The Directorate of the Russian Investigative Committee in the Central Federal District is investigating the case. Some FSB officers were punished due to the terrorist attack, Iskantsev says.