Russia will demand an explanation of the NATO concerning the story about the "invasion"
Read on the website Vestnik Kavkaza
For fabricating the story of the Georgian channel "Imedi" to attack Russian forces in Georgia is the country's president, Mikhail Saakashvili. This opinion was expressed by the Permanent Representative of Russia to NATO Dmitry Rogozin, who expressed the intention to draw attention of the leadership of the North Atlantic Alliance to this provocation. "Through the lies and provocations, Saakashvili continues to play off brotherly Georgian and Russian peoples.
This is a very sick and dangerous man, and his actions are criminal," - quoted words of Dmitry Rogozin Interfax.
Permanent representative recalled that on 12 March in Brussels, a meeting of NATO-Georgian Commission took place, and "possibly the Georgians by NATO was told something that led to such emotional distress of Saakashvili."
Rogozin said that on March 15 on behalf of the Permanent Representative of Russia he will seek explanation from the headquarters of NATO.
As previously reported by "Vestnik Kavkaza", March 13, Georgian television station Imedi spread information about the beginning of the invasion of the armed forces of Russia, the killing of President Mikhail Saakashvili and the establishment of the People's Government, headed by Nino Burjanadze. Also reported about "terrible bombing of airports and sea ports of Georgia."
Notified that it shows a scenario of possible events, "if the Georgian society will not be consolidated against Russia's plan," Television company started transmission with caption of usual news. Those Georgian viewers who have not seen the splash screen at the beginning of the programme, seriously embraced the message bout the beginning of a new war with Russia. People from all over the country began to call each other and the TV studio to find out what happens in reality.
Repeated explanation that this is only possible scenario appeared on the air only after half an hour: in the "running line" Television company apologized for the "Information Bulletin", which was actually an imitation, and the information there does not correspond to the facts.
The topic has caused panic in the number of Georgian cities and led to a sharp increase of the number of calls an ambulance because of heart attacks and cases of loss of consciousness.
After the "reportage" in Tbilisi a woman, whose son serves in the Georgian army, died.
To clarify the situation in the television studio at the request of President Saakashvili immediately came his spokesman Manana Manjgaladze, who calmed the people, saying that at this stage such further developments don't threaten for Georgia. At the same time, she said that she was outraged by the telecast. According to her, the whole topic had to be accompanied by a caption that it is just a pretence.
Today georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili during the meeting with residents of Bolnisi district of Georgia commented on the topic about the attack of Russia, shown Imedi TV, and said, that "Information Issue" was too unpleasant, and all this would go differently, Gazeta.Ru reports.
According to the President of Georgia, during the programme on the screen should have been an inscription, which would have pointed out that all this is staged. Also Saakashvili added that all this really could happen and it was close to reality.
President of Georgia noted that during the programme his grandmother felt sick, although they saw each other before the programme.
Leader of the Democratic Movement - United Georgia Nino Burjanadze is preparing legal action against the TV company Imedi, RIA Novosti reports. "The lawyer has been working on the claim that in the coming days we will make in court, since yesterday evening. It will be a criminal complaint because of actions of Imedi went beyond the administrative offense," - said the spokesperson of the Burjanadze Khatuna Ivanishvili.
Statement of intent to be at law with the broadcaster Burzhanadze made yesterday at a protest action in front of the TV Company building, where, after the airing of the scandalous transfer hundreds of residents of Tbilisy, as well as prominent human rights activists and representatives of the major opposition forces, got together.
"Personally I on behalf of the party intend to make a complaint and not only because we are mentioned there, but because from the beginning to the end it was a criminal affair ... What has been about me - it does not matter. The important thing is how the power, which is absolutely not worried about who has a cardiac rupture, whose child is scared,who becomes ill, who falls into hysterics, deals with their people. The main thing is to keep its criminal regime. They won't succeed in it. I assure you that the Georgian people, the people of Georgia never forgive this mud, this madness for the authorities. I believe in it "- said Burjanadze.
The authorities of Abkhazia and South Ossetia refused to comment on the subject of the Georgian TV channel, calling it "ravings" and "the fruit of a sick imagination".