Dagestan to mourn victims of blasts

Read on the website Vestnik Kavkaza

Dagestan will mourn over victims of two blasts in Makhachkala on May 5, Dagestani Leader Magomedsalam Magomedov said visiting people injured in the terrorist attack at hospital N2. Compensations will be provided to families affected by the blasts, as stated by General-Major Nariman Kazimagomedov, Chief of the Main Directorate of the Russian Ministry for Emergencies in Dagestan, RIA Novosti reports.

Gravely injured people may be taken to Moscow hospitals. About a thousand people will donate blood for the injured. Administrators, officials of the government, Interior Ministry, Ministry for Emergencies, students and teachers of higher education centers, police officers are donating blood.

Russian Interior minister Rashid Nurgaliyev said that the police are investigating the case and have witnesses. The man driving a Mitsubishi who activated the bomb is being identified.

The two blasts happened in different parts of Makhachkala on Thursday. The first one happened at 10.20 pm, the second one 10 minutes later. 13 people died and 109 were injured. 83 people were hospitalized, 26 were treated at the spot. 21 people are in grave condition, 47 in medium condition and 15 got minor injuries.

19 vehicles, including a fire truck and 3 police vehicles, were damaged. Nikolai Sintsov, spokesman of the National Counter-Terrorism Committee, said earlier that initial evaluations said that the first bomb was equivalent to 30 kg of TNT and the second to 50 kg. Dagestani Police Chief Magomed Magomedov told Russian Interior Minister Rashid Nurgaliyev that the second bomb was equivalent to 100 kg of TNT.