Russia demands immediate UN response to the abduction of Russians in Syria
Read on the website Vestnik Kavkaza
Foreign Ministry demanded UN Security Council to immediately respond
to the abduction of Russian citizens with tough call for the Syrian
opposition to stop threats and attacks on foreigners who are not
involved in armed conflict. The Foreign Ministry asked all the states
who have influence over the oppositional forces to take all possible
measures for the release of the hostages.
"We urge the authors of this crime to immediately release our fellow
citizens and third country nationals" the statement says.
A spokesperson for the Russian Foreign Ministry Alexander Lukashevich
said that despite appeals of Moscow, several members of the Security
Council refuse to work in this direction demanding more facts to
support Russian claims. .
"Now, such threats got materialized. On December 17 on the road
Homs-Tartous three employees of a steel manufacturing company" Hmisho
and Co.", located in the industrial area near Homs were kidnapped. Two
of them were Russians, one was Italian. Clearly, the capture of
foreigners in Syria is the work of illegal armed groups, not excluding
those who had previously captured a Ukrainian national Ankhar
Kochneva, demanding a ransom for her release, "said Lukashevich.