Chechen leader accuses mobile phone operators of fraud

Read on the website Vestnik Kavkaza

Chechen Leader Ramzan Kadyrov has criticized the final stage of the Russia 10 Contest and the MegaFon and Beeline mobile phone operators of fraud, Gazeta.ru reports.

He said that the Heart of Chechnya Mosque named after Akhmat-Haji Kadyrov had been winning from the very start. Kadyrov added that the Chechen population had been voting in the past days, but their votes since 7.00 pm yesterday were ignored.

The Chechen leader noted that the mobile phone operators were charging for the calls, but were not counting the votes. He added that there had been no problems with servers of the companies on August 23 when over 4 million votes had been given.

Kadyrov said that Chechen MPs will request the Prosecutor General’s Office and the Investigative Committee to investigate the problem.