Jordan has suspended participation in the international coalition against IS

Read on the website Vestnik Kavkaza

Jordan has suspended the Royal Air Force operations of the international coalition against the terrorist group Islamic State in Syria and Iraq. This was done to determine the causes of the collapse of the F-16 fighter over the city of Racca, the Jordanian newspaper "Arab al-Yaum" writes.

According to the publication, in the joint operational headquarters of the coalition a high-level commission has been established. It must determine whether the Jordanian plane was shot down by a rocket on December 24 or crashed due to technical failure.

Jordanian military and representatives of the headquarters of the coalition said earlier that the fighter, which was carrying out a combat mission and had attacked positions of IS units in Raqqa, crashed but was not shot down.

According to TASS, military experts believe that the pilot, flying away from ground anti-aircraft fire, could have made a sharp maneuver, resulting in loss of control.

Meanwhile, the Islamic publication Dabik published evidence on behalf of the Jordanian Air Force lieutenant Moaz al-Kasaba, who ejected and was captured by the Mujahideen. The pilot says that his plane was hit by a missile and caught fire.

He became the first coalition pilot in captivity. This event caused considerable resonance in the country. A number of opposition parties in this regard again demanded the appearance of a Jordanian anti-terrorism coalition under the auspices of the United States.