Covid-19 cases in Wuhan hospitals drop to zero for 1st time, says official

Covid-19 cases in Wuhan hospitals drop to zero for 1st time, says official

The number of hospitalised Covid-19 patients in China's Wuhan, where the virus first emerged before turning out to be a pandemic, on Sunday dropped to zero for the first time, marking yet another milestone for the city which was opened up on April 8 after a 76-day lockdown, India Today reports.

The result has been achieved with the "hard efforts of medical workers in Wuhan" and those who were dispatched to assist the city in the fight against the virus from across the country, said Mi Feng, a spokesperson for China's National Health Commission (NHC).

The last patient in Wuhan was cured on Friday, reducing the number of coronavirus patients in the city to zero, Mi said, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.

The health commission of Hubei province, whose capital is Wuhan, said that no new confirmed cases or new deaths due to Covid-19 were reported on Satuday.

It said that 11 coronavirus patients were discharged from hospital after recovery in Wuhan.

Hubei has so far reported 68,128 confirmed Covid-19 cases, including 50,333 in Wuhan.

Hubei and Wuhan were in the thick of the coronavirus outbreak since early January this year, bearing the brunt of it.

6155 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.