China’s earthquake administration said on Saturday it had detected a magnitude 3.4 earthquake in North Korea that was a “suspected explosion”, raising fears the isolated state had conducted another nuclear bomb test, South China Morning Post reports.
The administration said in a statement on its website that the quake, which occurred around 4.29pm, was recorded a depth of 0km.
Previous quakes from North Korea have indicated nuclear tests by the reclusive state, the most recent earlier this month.