Three individuals, two of them reportedly Nigerian citizens, were injured in an explosion supposedly caused by a gas leak in a residential building in Didi Digomi district of Tbilisi early on Thursday.
A child aged up to one is among the injured and in critical condition, doctors have told journalists.
Neighbours told reporters a woman had moved into the flat in the apartment block on rent several days ago with her child, while the third individual injured in the incident lived next door.
In comments on alleged causes of the explosion the residents told Interpressnews news agency they had smelled gas on Wednesday and contacted the provider company without response.
The company providing gas to the Didi Digomi area has not released a statement on the incident so far.
Preliminary reports said the block had been deformed by the explosion and required safety repairs.