The Bushehr nuclear power plant was put back into operation in Iran a few days ago, the head of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization, head of the Iranian delegation to the IAEA Conference and the international forum "AtomExpo 2013", Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani, said, RIA Novosti reported.
"The Bushehr nuclear power plant needed some technical inspection and testing, and we carried them out a couple of months ago. Three days ago, the Bushehr nuclear power plant was put into operation at a capacity of 1,000 megawatts. And, fortunately, I have not been reported to regarding any failures in its work," he said.
Tehran has repeatedly rejected safety concerns about the reactor, which began operating in 2011 after decades of delays. Iran and the Russian company that built Bushehr said it was not affected by the April earthquake.
Earlier this month Iran reported that the Bushehr nuclear power plant was having some technical problems with its generator, however it was noted that there was "absolutely no link" between this problem at the Bushehr plant - which was shut down when U.N. nuclear inspectors went there in mid-May - and a powerful earthquake that shook the region two months ago.
Construction of the nuclear plant was started in 1974 by the German Kraftwerk Union AG (Siemens / KWU) concern.
In August 1992, an agreement was signed between the governments of Russia and Iran on the construction of a nuclear power plant, and in January 1995 a contract was signed in order to complete the construction of the first power unit of the plant.
The physical start of the Bushehr nuclear plant began under the control of the IAEA on August 21, 2010, when the delivery of nuclear fuel to the reactor compartment station was carried out.