Turkish medical staff are demanding improvement of their labor conditions and reforms in the medical sector. Over 300,000 people are involved in protests, RIA Novosti cites the Turkish Medic's Union.
Thousands of doctors stopped work in Istanbul on Tuesday, supported by colleagues in Ankara and other cities.
The union said that all people in need of emergency aid will receive it. Other aid will be unavailable on April 19-20.
The Turkish Minister for Healthcare, Recep Akdag, said that he will prosecute the strikers if at least one citizen gets harmed by their actions.
Turkish medics held protests in Ankara on Tuesday, demanding improvement of labor conditions, income, independence of work, access of citizens to medical services and healthcare reforms. The head of the Medical Chamber of Ankara, Bayazit Ilkhan, said that 80% of medics have no confidence in their future.
The police took measures due to medics heading towards the Healthcare Ministry. There have been no incidents in Ankara so far, the police report.