Egyptian prosecutor wants death for Mubarak

The prosecutor in the Hosni Mubarak trial has demanded the death penalty for the ousted Egyptian leader on charges of complicity in the killing of protesters during last year's uprising against his rule, CBS cites the Associated Press news agency as saying on Thursday. 

The prosecutor also asked the judge in Thursday's hearing for the death sentence for Mubarak's security chief and six top police commanders being tried in the same case.

Mustafa Suleiman told the court that Mubarak did nothing to stop the killings and that he was aware of them from meetings with aides, regional TV channels and reports by his security agencies.

He said Mubarak's security chief and co-defendant, Habib el-Adly, authorized the use of live ammunition on orders from Mubarak.

 

3525 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.