Tehran official: Iran won't retreat from nuclear program

The foreign policy advisor to the Iranian Supreme Leader, Ali Akbar Velayati, said on Saturday that the country is continuing with its transparent nuclear program and will not retreat from its activity, Trend reports.

Speaking at a press conference in Tehran, Velayati emphasized that some experts from the IAEA will arrive in Tehran on Sunday to inspect the Islamic Republic's nuclear facilities, the IRNA news agency reported.

"The IAEA inspectors will come to Iran and the visit will take about one month," Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said earlier this month. "But Iran is absolutely serious in maintaining its nuclear rights and will not make any concessions in this regard," the spokesman added.

The team plans to inspect the new uranium enrichment site of Fordo, south of the capital Tehran, which Iran says is to be operational in February and enrich uranium to 3.5, 4 and 20 percent.

 

3145 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.