Turkey would not bomb ‘fraternal’ Syrians - Erdogan

 

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has dismissed accusations from Syria’s information minister that Turkey was involved in July 18’s deadly bombing in Damascus, saying Ankara would never do such things to the “fraternal” people of Syria, Hurriyet reports.

 

"Misinformation is a common method for governments to use in times like these," Erdoğan said. "No one can say that we would take such a step toward a fraternal people like the Syrians. The regime needs to question itself first over this." 

 

Erdoğan said there were cities that had been burned to the ground in Syria at the moment and that the government had to provide answers as to how this happened, daily Milliyet reported. 

 

"The regime needs to ask itself how the opposition was formed and how these defections within the army appeared," Erdoğan said. "The accusations of Information Minister [Umran al-Zuabi] are unacceptable."

 

2825 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.