Gazeta.ru says that the Prosecutor General’s Office of Kazakhstan recognizes the responsibility of the Soldiers of the Caliphate for blasts at the Atyrau district center. The authorities were insisting that the blasts were not organized by militants and blamed followers of Said Buryatsky, a Russian killed in Ingushetia, notorious for video speeches.
Spokesman of prosecutor general Nurdaulet Suindikov said on Wednesday that the terrorist group had been formed in 2009 basing on Jihad ideas, part of which belong to a North Caucasian extremist Said Buryatsky, Interfax reports.
A leader of underground resistance in the Caucasus, Alexander Tikhomirov, was born in Ulan-Ude and changed his name to Said Buryatsky. He was killed at the Ekazhevo Village in Ingushetia in March 2010. His preaching for armed fight was very popular and his authority was recognized. Kyrgyzstan blamed Buryatsky for blasts in Bishkek in December 2010.
Atyrau had 2 blasts on October 31. An unidentified bomb went off in a garbage container. Another bombing was carried out by a suicide. Soldiers of the Caliphate took responsibility for the blast. First reports said that the bomb had been activated by accident.
Suindikov says that the Soldiers of the Caliphate was formed in 2011 by Kazakh locals Renat Habibuly, Orynbasar Unasov and Damir Nabiyev for Jihad in Kazakhstan. They are hiding in the Afghan-Pakistani territory. Renat Habibuly posted threats to Kazakhstan in the Internet from October 25 to November 1.
The terrorists studied explosives. They have built 5 bombs since summer 2009. Components were purchased at local markets and drug shops of Atyrau.
Explosions in Kazakhstan happened at the building of special services in Astana. at Aktyubinsk in July Nine suspected terrorists were killed by special services at Aktyubinsk in July. A vehicle exploded at the national security committee in May. The police insisted that there had been no terrorist attack, the bomb explosive device had no projectiles.