Fired oil staff get new jobs in Janaozen

Kazakhstan’s oil city of Janaozen, which had earlier been hit by public disorders, has started hiring fired oil staff, Trend reports.


Oil workers have been on strike in the Mangistau Region since May, demanding higher wages. The court considered their claims unjust and the company fired about 1,000 workers. Some of them returned to work and new workers replaced the fired ones. The company said that oil extraction may have dropped due to the strikes.


A mass disorder started in Janaozen on December 6. Unrest was stopped in Shetpe on December 17. Official information says 16 people died and 108 were injured in Janaozen and Shetpe, 41 were detained.
Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev organized a government commission to investigate the case and resolve socio-economic, humanitarian and other problems.


Nazarbayev ordered the employment of 1,800 fired workers in the Mangistau Region on December 22.

2905 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.