UK health officials are moving towards the second phase of their response to the coronavirus outbreak, BBC reports.
It comes as the number of UK people diagnosed with the virus reached 115, a rise of 30 since Wednesday. The latest government figures released on Thursday showed that of the total number of cases, 25 are in London.
Earlier, the country's chief medical adviser Prof Chris Whitty said the next phase - "delay" - will see more action to slow the spread of the virus. He told MPs it was "highly likely" some people now being infected in the UK have no connection to overseas cases.
According to the latest figures, Prof Chris Whitty, said 25 of the newly diagnosed patients are from England. On Thursday, three new cases were confirmed in Scotland as well as one in Wales. Northern Ireland has three cases.
Speaking to MPs on the health and social care committee, Prof Whitty said the country was now "mainly" in the delay phase of the government's four-part plan to tackle the virus, but was still following aspects of the first phase.
Downing Street said it would formally announce when it switches from the contain to delay stage of taking on the virus - and that this has not yet happened.
The government is still deciding what measures will be taken in the delay phase, but has previously said they could include banning big events, closing schools, encouraging people to work from home and discouraging the use of public transport.