Iraq condemns re-imposition of US sanctions on Tehran

Iraq condemns re-imposition of US sanctions on Tehran

Iraq’s Foreign Ministry on Thursday condemned the re-imposition earlier this week of U.S. sanctions on Iran.

In a statement, ministry spokesman Ahmed Mahjoob said his country rejected the use of economic sanctions, of which, he said, the general public tended to be the primary victims.

Mahjoob also praised Iran for its continued support for Iraq and for the latter’s ongoing fight against terrorism.

“We call on the international community to exert pressure to discourage the U.S. administration from continuing these sanctions,” he said, Anadolu agency reported.

The spokesman went on to warn of the sanctions’ potentially negative effects “on Iran and the entire region, both in economic and social terms”.

6860 views
Поделиться:
Print: