The organizing committee of the Russia-10 Contest have called the Heart of Chechnya Mosque and the Kolomna Kremlin winners of the contest before it ended, RIA Novosti reports.
Chechen Leader Ramzan Kadyrov said earlier that he had put the mosque off the contest as a response to about 50 million votes given on August 29-30 ignored by cell phone operators. He said that it was about a third of votes given in the past 6 months.
The semi-final participants lost up to 5.2 million votes that could have affected the rating of 30 cultural centers of the contest. Organizers say that there were many votes given by bots. The website of the project was hacked four times in the last hours. It froze three times for 2.5 hours.
The winners of the contest will not be rated from 1 to 10 and will have equal cultural value.