The terrorist attack on the Baksan hydroelectric plant has been
solved, Deputy Attorney General Ivan Sydoruk said, RIA Novosti
reports.
Two of the assailants have been arrested and two more are on the
wanted list, he told the committee of the Federal Council for legal
and court affairs.
The attack on the hydroelectric plant in Kabardino-Balkaria happened
on July 21. The assailants killed the police guarding the facility and
planted 5 self-made explosive devices equivalent to 1.5-3 kg of TNT.
Three generators were damaged. Two assailants involved in the attack,
Ruslan Orshokdugov and Rustam Seyunov, were killed several days later.
Commenting on the recent attack on the Chechen parliament, Sydoruk
said that the prosecution did not classify it as a terrorist attack.
He said that in the first 9 months of 2010 they revealed 352 crimes of
a terrorist nature, amounting to 70% of the total terrorist attacks in
Russia. 13 terrorist acts were registered.
Sydoruk said that 200 supporters of militants were punished in
Chechnya in that period. Over 300 criminals had been killed in
attempts to use force against police, over 50 terrorist attacks were
prevented, 240 kg of explosives and 560 firearms were confiscated.