Suicide bomber kills three in southeastern Turkey

A female suicide bomber in southeastern Turkey killed three people and wounded 21 in Bingöl, a town in the mainly Kurdish region on Saturday, Hurriyet Daily News reports.

The blast occurred at a tea house close to the office of the ruling Justice and Development Party in the town's main street at around 1:20 p.m., Interior Minister Idris Naim Şahin said.

Police said the woman had detonated explosives strapped to her body. They also said they were hunting for another suspected bomber, and a cordon had been thrown round the town, 110 km north of Diyarbakır, the region's main city.

2700 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.