EU failed to agree on Iranian oil ban

No agreement was reached on Iranian embargo issue, Trend cites the EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton's spokesperson Maja Kocijancic as saying on Thursday.

"I am not aware of any reports on this respect," she said. According to Kocijancic, foreign ministers discussed further restrictive measures for Iran in the light of the new report by the International Atomic Energy Agency last week on December 1.

"They decided that further work will be done in this restrictive measures including energy sector with the view of the adoption of this package by the next meeting of foreign affairs council which will take place in January," she said.

The work on this has been launched, but "there was never any specific agreement on what kind of measures these will be," Kocijancic said.

Some countries have put forward the idea of oil embargo, but there is no final decision in this respect, she also said and added: "The new measures are being looked at right now. No consensus was reached on Iran oil embargo issue."

3270 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.