Obama asks Iranians to return drone

US President Barack Obama has requested the Iranian authorities to return the RQ-170 drone at a press conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, ITAR-TASS reports.


Obama did not clarify details of the crash or the drone’s mission.


Iranian media said on December 4 that the drone had been shot down. The drone violated the eastern border, a video record was made. The aircraft was found 225 km away from the border of Afghanistan. A US spokesman said on December 5 that there is no evidence about the drone being shot down. The ISAF said that the drone was on a mission in Afghanistan.


General Husein Salami, Deputy Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, said that they will not return the drone to Washington.

4045 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.