Iran is prepared to launch about 11 thousand rockets at Israel and U.S. bases in the region if they carry out attack on the country's nuclear facilities, Tehran Ambassador to Lebanon Ghazanfar Roknabadi says, as Trend reports with reference to the agency Mehr.
"We are prepared, and at the moment 11,000 rockets are ready for launching at U.S. and Israeli targets," the Ambassador says.
According to him, Iran has taken a defensive position, and if the country is attacked, Tehran will fight back hard.
A few days ago, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that "an attack at Iran is a method of prevention of obtaining nuclear weapons, which is an inevitable and even a foregone conclusion."
Earlier, the Chief of General Staff of Iran, Mohammed Hijazi, declared that in case of danger Iran will first implement preventative measures. In particular, Hijazi stressed one of the points of modern Iran's strategy: "If we feel that our enemies want to jeopardize the interests of Iran, we will move to take preventative steps," Hejazi said, emphasising that for the protection of their country they will resort to all means possible.
Israel believes Tehran's nuclear ambitions are a real threat, especially given the repeated statement by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and other Iranian leaders that the Jewish state should be wiped off the map.
As VK previously reported, the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas, ruling in the Gaza Strip since 2007, said it would not support Iran if it starts a war with Israel. "If there is a war between two powers, Hamas will not enter to intervene. Hamas is not in military alliances in the region. Our strategy is to protect our own rights," a member of the politburo of Hamas, Salah Bardavil, said.
He also denied reports that the movement launched rockets into Israel at the request of Tehran.
Earlier, Tehran ceased to patronize the Hamas movement for refusing to support the regime of Bashar al-Assad in Syria.
Tensions in the region are growing every day. The crisis is also being accelerated by the return threat by Tel Aviv to inflict a military strike on Iran, and by the conflict in Syria.
Only the day before, Lt. Gen. Herbert Carlisle of the U.S. Air Force stated at a conference on defense programs that in the case of a military confrontation with Iran, the U.S. could use a new "super-weapon." This weapon is a powerful bomb weighing 13,600 kg, which is able to penetrate a bunker with thick concrete up to 65 meters. Carlisle said weapons with such a high permeability had been added to the arsenal of the U.S. Air Force just last year, and it has been designed specifically for attacks on countries concealing their nuclear facilities deep underground.
This statement has been made almost simultaneously with the advent of information that Iran is ready to allow representatives of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to visit the nuclear facility at Parchin. According to Western countries, nuclear research is being conducted at this facility with the aim of developing and obtaining nuclear weapons. The observers from the IAEA had not been allowed access to the facility during a recent inspection.
In recent weeks the international media have launched numerous publications on Israel’s decision to conduct a military operation against the Islamic republic.
Turkey does not support any invasion of Iran by any external forces, Turkey's presidential adviser on the Middle East Hurmyuzlyu Ershad said on Saturday, commenting on the question of a possible attack on Iran by Israel and the United States.
"Turkey would not support such a move, because this would destabilize the entire region," he added.
The West and Israel believe that Iran is actively developing nuclear weapons. Tehran denies the charges and insists that its nuclear program is exclusively peaceful in nature.