About 200 militants were killed in the first half of 2012, as stated by Sergey Chenchik, head of the Main Directorate of the Interior Ministry in the North Caucasian Federal District, RIA Novosti reports.
The official said on Thursday that 1,200 operations resulted in 194 militants, including 25 leaders, killed, compared with 209 last year. 104 police officers died this year.
235 militants were detained, 8 gave up. 160 civilians were attacked by militants. 32 of them died. 102 were attacked last year.
Andrey Przhezdomsky, an advisor of the head of the National Counter-Terrorism Committee, said in late June that the fight with terrorism in the North Caucasus had a breakthrough.