Turkish FM says Syrian regime crossed "red line"

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu said on August 22 that a "red line" has already been crossed in Syria, calling on the international community to take action after reports of a massacre involving chemical weapons near Damascus, Hürriyet Daily News reports on Friday.

 

The remarks were an apparent reference to US President Barack Obama's statement made last year that use of chemical weapons was a "red line" for the United States.

 

"All red lines have been crossed, but still the U.N. Security Council has not even been able to take a decision. This is the responsibility of the sides who still set these red lines, and for all of us," Davutoğlu told reporters at a joint press conference with his German counterpart Guido Westerwelle held in Berlin.

2610 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.