Russia and EU to continue basic agreement talks in February 2011

The next round of Russia-EU talks are expected to be held in early February 2011, the Russian Foreign Ministry announced on Saturday, RIA Novosti reports.


A Russia-EU summit with the participation of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev was held in Brussels earlier this month.
"We reached an agreement to hold the next round of talks in the beginning of February 2011," the ministry said in the statement.


The sides progressed on issues of political dialogue and foreign security and in cooperation in the spheres of freedom, justice, the economy, science, technology, culture, media, sports and in other issues, the ministry said.

 

 

 


Russia has been negotiating World Trade Organization (WTO) entry for 17 years and is likely to join the global trade body next year.


Apart from accession to the WTO, steps to scrap visa regime between Russia and the EU, energy security and measures to tackle the aftermath of the global economic downturn were discussed at the summit.

2420 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.