Iran's incumbent foreign minister, Ali Akbar Salehi, said on Wednesday that Tehran will not discuss its controversial nuclear program at talks with the Group of Six in Istanbul on January 21-22, RIA Novosti reports.
"We will absolutely not recognize the negotiations if the other side wants to negotiate on the issue of the nuclear dossier," Salehi said in an interview with the state-run Iran newspaper.
Salehi, who previously headed Iran's Atomic Energy Organization, said the Iranian nuclear issue could be only discussed with the International Atomic Energy Agency, the United Nations' nuclear watchdog.
Iran has no plans to discuss nuclear program in Istanbul
2305 views