Death toll after Turkish quake reaches 279

279 people are confirmed dead and 1300 injured in the earthquake in eastern Turkey, Turkish Vice-Premier Bulent Arync said, Gazeta.ru reports.


Arync said that 2262 buildings had been damaged and 1300 people injured. 51 states have sent their condolences to Turkey.


450 ambulances were mobilized. The Red Crescent of Turkey has provided 12,891 tents, 25,229 blankets, 21 mobile kitchens and food. Most districts have solved their material and food problems.


The earthquake occurred in Van Province in eastern Turkey on Sunday at 13.41. It had a magnitude of 7.2 with the epicenter in the village of Tabanli.

2825 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.