Krasnodar Territory will restore its electric supply in 7-8 hours, RIA Novosti reports.
Vestnik Kavkaza reported earlier that about 250,000 people had been left without electricity last night. Power exceeded 150 MW. Temperature dropped to -13 C and wind speed reached 38 meters per second that night.
Deputy head of the region Vadim Lokoyanov informed about restoration of power in 7-8 hours. The process is complicated by weather conditions.
Anapa and Novorossiysk suffered from the power cut the most. Experts said that the historic record of overload was reached on Thursday at 8 pm. The 110-kW power line of Kubanenergo passed power of 3,759 MW. This exceeds the figures of mid-2011 by over 140 MW. The winter excess totaled 17 MW, Professor Vladimir Bogdan of the science department for fuel and energy security of the Academy of Military Sciences, said.