Kadyrov unaware he is photographed with convicted murderer

The head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, did not know that his picture had been taken together with Bekkhan Ibragimov, a convicted murderer of Spartak fan Yuri Volkov, Kadyrov's spokesman Alvi Karimov said.

"He (Ibragimov. - Ed.) asked the head of the republic for help: said that the visa service was demanding money from him to issue him his passport. We began to figure out what was going on, we brought in the visa officer and this man. A hundred pictures of Kadyrov are taken daily, he talks to someone every day. He had no idea if Ibragimov had been convicted or not. But if he knew that the man had been convicted and released, then it was necessary to pay to him more attention, make sure that he quickly receives documents," Karimov told "Russian News Service".

Last Tuesday Kadyrov posted on his Instagram profile a photo of Ibragimov, who had been arrested in 2010 for killing a Spartak fan and sentenced to five years and three months in prison. This picture caused considerable discussion in social networks and the media.

The situation with Ibragimov's parole is legitimate, but extremely rare, lawyers say. Given the fulfilment of all formalities, such as positive characteristics and lack of disciplinary action, parole is possible. Spartak fan, RTR employee Yuri Volkov, was stabbed to death on July 10, 2010 in Moscow, near the metro station "Chistye Prudy".

Six months later, another Spartak fan, Yegor Sviridov, was killed in a mass brawl in Moscow. The participants in the fight were detained in hot pursuit, but the same night five out of the six were released, triggering riots on Manezh Square on December 11, 2010.

3030 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.