Ingushetia says incident with Chechens in Sunzha district is over
The head of Ingushetia, Yunus-Bek Yevkurov, said the incident involving the clash between the security forces of Chechnya and Ingushetia in the Sunzha district had finished. He expressed the hope that such a story would not happen again."There is no such thing as "Chechen security forces" and " Ingush security forces." There are federal structures. There had been an incident, a working group of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and our investigative committee are working on it. I do not interfere. I can only say that we have once again clearly asked that there are no more such uncoordinated actions, because it is dangerous," Yevkurov was quoted by RIA News.As reported earlier, there was an incident in the Sunzha district of Ingushetia at the end of April. A skirmish occurred between local police and a group of Chechen security forces. The Chechens explained their actions were due to the need to prosecute terrorists from the group of Doku Umarov.The Sunzhenskiy district has been declared by the Chechen authorities to be controlled by Chechnya. The head of Chechnya signed a law on November 6 last year, but it was published in the official newspaper of the Republic only in January.Until recently, the district was divided into two unequal parts; Ingushetia owned most of the territory, in particular the villages of Ascension, Ordzhonikidze, Nesterovsky, Trinity and Karabulak. Chechnya has controlled two settlements - Sernovodskoe and Assinovskaia. However, Chechnya declared its intention to take all the villages under its jurisdiction.The Parliament of Ingushetia, in turn, denounced the law passed by the parliament of Chechnya for the inclusion of the Ingush territory.Yunus-Bek Yevkurov also noted that the issue of determining the border between Ingushetia and Chechnya has to be decided by good neighbors. In this regard, the regions should be neither defensive nor offensive, but should maintain a neighborly attitude.
4535 views