Terrorist attacks in Dagestan kill 12

Terrorist attacks in Dagestan kill 12

The second of the two blasts that killed 12 people in Dagestan’s Kizlyar on Wednesday morning was the work of a suicide bomber, RIA Novosti reported, citing an Interior Ministry spokesperson.

“The blast took place near a school among parked cars,” he said. The second attack occurred 15 minutes after a Niva car had been blown
up, Life News reported.

“A crowd of people gathered around the scene of the blast,” an eyewitness said. “Then a second person walked into the crowd and set
off an explosion.”

The city’s police chief was killed in the blast. The attacks also left 23 people hospitalized.

Interior Ministry head Rashid Nurgaliyev has ordered a strengthening of security in the republic.

The attacks come two days after 39 people were killed in two suicide bombings on the Moscow metro.

3970 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.