Permyakov will go on trial in Gyumri

Permyakov will go on trial in Gyumri

Russian serviceman Valery Permyakov, who is accused of murdering a family of seven in Armenia's northern city of Gyumri, will go on trial in Armenia on the premises of Russia's military base there, sources familiar with the situation said. 

 

"Since the crime of the Avetisyan family's murder is being investigated simultaneously by the Russian and Armenian sides, they are considering the possibility of adopting a joint, consolidated indictment based on Russian penal laws," one of the sources said. 

 

"Everything that has been developed by Armenian investigators will be transferred to the Russian side to be attached to the case file," the source noted.

 

As Vestnik Kavkaza previously reported, a family of six, including a two-year-old child, were murdered in Gyumri, northern Armenia, on January 12. The only survivor, six-month-old Sergei Avetisyan, was hospitalized with stab wounds. He died on January 19. 

 

The murder caused a wide resonance in Armenian society. As a result of the negotiations of the Investigative Committees of Russia and Armenia, an agreement to establish a headquarters to coordinate the investigation was signed. It was agreed that Russian and Armenian investigators will conduct a joint investigation, and the trial and investigation into the murders will be held in Armenia. 

 

The Press Secretary of the President of Russia, Dmitry Peskov, commenting on the incident in Gyumri, said the case will be considered by a Russian court.

 

4640 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.