Turkey refuses to host F-1 Grand Prix

Turkish Minister for Youth and Sports Suat Kylyc said on Wednesday that Turkey refuses to host the F-1 Grand Prix, RIA Novosti reports.


Media said earlier that the races at Istanbulpark will not be held because F-1 owner Bernie Ecclestone increased the annual fee from $13.5 million to $26 million.


Istanbulpark was built by using German Tilke’s project (Germany) and is worth $230 million. Traffic on the track goes clockwise. The stadium is located on the outskirts of Istanbul near Sabikh Gekchen Airport on the Asian side of Bosphorus.

2855 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.