“Syrian opposition to boycott Geneva talks” is an article published today by Al Jazeera stating that “Syria's opposition will not participate in proposed international peace talks in Geneva next month”.
“George Sabra, the head of the Syrian National Coalition (SNC), on Thursday said the opposition was suspending their participation until the international community intervened to end the siege in Qusayr, a town in Homs province near the Lebanese border”, the article reads.
"The National Coalition will not take part in any international conference or any such efforts so long as the militias of Iran and Hezbollah continue their invasion of Syria," the agency quotes Sabra .
“Khaled Saleh, the SNC spokesperson, who addressed the news conference after Sabra, said civilians in the town had been "severely wounded" and Qusayr had been completely cut off by forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad”, the article says.
“The planned peace talks in Geneva are being arranged by Russia - a Syria ally - and the United States. The SNC had said earlier it would take part only if a peace process that led to Bashar al-Assad stepping down is put in place”, the article reports.