World press on the Ukrainian crisis (November 6, 2014)

 

World press on the Ukrainian crisis (November 6, 2014)"Ukraine Lurches Back Toward Open War on East Fighting" is an article published by Bloomberg today. "The Ukrainian government said there were 26 outbreaks of fighting today between its forces and pro-Russian separatists in the country’s east, while the rebels said the Kiev government had launched a major offensive there," the article reads."Russia’s RIA Novosti state news agency quoted Andrei Purgin, deputy premier of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, as saying that Ukraine had begun a large-scale offensive against the separatists in the eastern part of the country. Purgin said he sees “all-out war” and claimed Ukrainian forces had broken the Sept. 5 truce, according to RIA.""Russia is redeploying forces from its southern Rostov region and amassing troops in the separatist areas of Donetsk and Luhansk in eastern Ukraine, Ukrainian military spokesman Andriy Lysenko said today. Russian military drones also continued surveillance over rebel areas.""Ukraine’s rebel ‘people’s republics’ begin work of building new states" is another article published today on the subject by the Guardian."The two “people’s republics” carved out over the past seven months by pro-Russia rebels have not been recognised by any countries, and a rushed vote to elect governments for them on Sunday was declared illegal by Kiev, Washington and Brussels. Rebel leaders claim the elections have given them legitimacy and begun the work of building a new state, further reducing chances that Kiev will ever be able to take back this coalmining region along Ukraine’s eastern border with Russia. A peace plan signed on 5 September in Minsk by Russia, Ukraine and the rebels was, however, shaken by the elections and new fighting has threatened to shatter the fragile ceasefire," the article reads."The Ukrainian defence ministry said on Wednesday that the number of Russian soldiers in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and on the border had been increasing in recent days and a flurry of military and aid convoys was obvious over the weekend.""Moscow has backed the peace process and may be reluctant to condone any rebel military campaigns, which have in the past reportedly required the assistance of Russian troops. Since the elections, the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has called for more European Union sanctions against Russia, and the US secretary of state, John Kerry, has warned that “pressure will increase” if the Minsk peace plan is not implemented.""The two regions are likely to be dependent on Russian aid to survive, and already food, medicine and building supplies have been arriving. A huge Russian emergencies ministry aid convoy arrived in Donetsk on Sunday, with voters at some polling places receiving sacks of potatoes, cabbages and other vegetables."

"Ukraine Lurches Back Toward Open War on East Fighting" is an article published by Bloomberg today. 
"The Ukrainian government said there were 26 outbreaks of fighting today between its forces and pro-Russian separatists in the country’s east, while the rebels said the Kiev government had launched a major offensive there," the article reads.
"Russia’s RIA Novosti state news agency quoted Andrei Purgin, deputy premier of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, as saying that Ukraine had begun a large-scale offensive against the separatists in the eastern part of the country. Purgin said he sees “all-out war” and claimed Ukrainian forces had broken the Sept. 5 truce, according to RIA."
"Russia is redeploying forces from its southern Rostov region and amassing troops in the separatist areas of Donetsk and Luhansk in eastern Ukraine, Ukrainian military spokesman Andriy Lysenko said today. Russian military drones also continued surveillance over rebel areas."
"Ukraine’s rebel ‘people’s republics’ begin work of building new states" is another article published today on the subject by the Guardian.
"The two “people’s republics” carved out over the past seven months by pro-Russia rebels have not been recognised by any countries, and a rushed vote to elect governments for them on Sunday was declared illegal by Kiev, Washington and Brussels. Rebel leaders claim the elections have given them legitimacy and begun the work of building a new state, further reducing chances that Kiev will ever be able to take back this coalmining region along Ukraine’s eastern border with Russia. A peace plan signed on 5 September in Minsk by Russia, Ukraine and the rebels was, however, shaken by the elections and new fighting has threatened to shatter the fragile ceasefire," the article reads.
"The Ukrainian defence ministry said on Wednesday that the number of Russian soldiers in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and on the border had been increasing in recent days and a flurry of military and aid convoys was obvious over the weekend."
"Moscow has backed the peace process and may be reluctant to condone any rebel military campaigns, which have in the past reportedly required the assistance of Russian troops. Since the elections, the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, has called for more European Union sanctions against Russia, and the US secretary of state, John Kerry, has warned that “pressure will increase” if the Minsk peace plan is not implemented."
"The two regions are likely to be dependent on Russian aid to survive, and already food, medicine and building supplies have been arriving. A huge Russian emergencies ministry aid convoy arrived in Donetsk on Sunday, with voters at some polling places receiving sacks of potatoes, cabbages and other vegetables."

 

13920 views
We use cookies and collect personal data through Yandex.Metrica in order to provide you with the best possible experience on our website.