Hajj

No one hurt during Hajj in Saudi Arabia, Gainutdin says

No one hurt during Hajj in Saudi Arabia, Gainutdin says

During the pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia with the participation of Russian Muslims, no incidents occurred, Mufti Ravil Gainutdin, chairman of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of the Russian Federation said, starting solemn sermon at the …

Saudi Arabia welcomes one million pilgrims

Saudi Arabia welcomes one million pilgrims

Around one million Muslim pilgrims on Thursday converged on Saudi Arabia's Mina Valley outside Mecca to begin the annual Hajj pilgrimage. Coming from all over the world, pilgrims will spend one day and one night in prayer before …

High-tech Hajj

High-tech Hajj

Coming after the worst of Covid-19, this year's Hajj is one of the most significant on record

Iran discusses Hajj with Saudi Arabia

Iran and Saudi Arabia continue the negotiation process, and now it is focused on the issue of the possibility of a pilgrimage to Mecca for Iranians, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said today. "At the moment, …

Saudi Arabia to allow one million pilgrims

Saudi Arabia to allow one million pilgrims

Saudi Arabia has decided to increase the annual number of Hajj pilgrims to 1 million people, the Saudi Press Agency with reference to the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah reports. Not only about the subjects of the kingdom, but also …

Hajj amid pandemic

Hajj amid pandemic

As few as 1,000 people already residing in Saudi Arabia were selected to take part in the hajj this year

Saudi Arabia issues coronavirus guidelines for pilgrimage

Saudi Arabia issues coronavirus guidelines for pilgrimage

The Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has announced that 70% of this year’s pilgrims for the Hajj - which will take place from July 28 to August 2 - will be expatriate residents while the remaining 30% are Saudis, the Saudi Press Agency …

Saudi Arabia to bar arrivals from abroad to attend haj

Saudi Arabia to bar arrivals from abroad to attend haj

Saudi Arabia said it will bar arrivals from abroad to attend the haj this year due to the coronavirus, allowing only a limited number of Saudi citizens and residents to make the pilgrimage with social distancing measures enforced. …

Mecca and Medina holy sites protected from coronavirus

Mecca and Medina holy sites protected from coronavirus

Saudi Arabia reopened two its holy religious sites, Al-Haram Mosque in Mecca and Al-Masjid al Nabawy in Medina, after they were closed for sterilisation to halt the spread of the novel coronavirus. It was not clear from the Al-Ekhbariya …

More Than Two Million Muslims Begin Hajj Pilgrimage

More Than Two Million Muslims Begin Hajj Pilgrimage

More than two million Muslims begin on Friday the annual hajj, which is one of the five pillars of Islam and must be undertaken by all Muslims with the means at least once in their lives. The hajj, one of the world's largest …

Kazakhstan's 300 hajj-goers leave for Mecca

Kazakhstan's 300 hajj-goers leave for Mecca

3,000 Muslims from Kazakhstan will make the hajj to Mecca this year, the Caucasus Ministry of Social Development's press service said. First 300 hajj-goers have already left Almaty for Saudi Arabia, Interfax-Kazakhstan …

Deaths among Egyptian pilgrims on hajj reaches 35

Deaths among Egyptian pilgrims on hajj reaches 35

Egypt's health ministry said Saturday that further deaths among Egyptians while on the hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, and during the first and second days of Islam's major festival of Eid Al-Adha, has brought the total number so far to …

Qatar denies blocking Saudi pilgrimage flights

Qatar denies blocking Saudi pilgrimage flights

Qatar denied it had banned Saudi Arabian flights from landing in the emirate to transport Muslim pilgrims to Makkah, after an accusation by authorities in Riyadh. Saudi Arabian Airlines on Sunday said Qatari authorities had refused to …

Rushan Abbyasov: everything necessary done for Hajj-2017

Rushan Abbyasov: everything necessary done for Hajj-2017

All the necessary conditions for performing a comfortable and inexpensive hajj to Mecca have been created for residents of the North Caucasus this year, the First Deputy Chairman of the Russian Spiritual Administration of Muslims …