US hits Hezbollah with fresh sanctions
The United States on Thursday issued fresh sanctions targeting Lebanon's Hezbollah, including re-designating it over actions on behalf of the Iranian government.
The United States on Thursday issued fresh sanctions targeting Lebanon's Hezbollah, including re-designating it over actions on behalf of the Iranian government.
Another round of U.S.-brokered talks between Lebanon and Israel will be held in Rome in early September, a U.S. Department of State official told the Al Jazeera television channel. He described the consultations as proceeding …
The Israeli military has struck Hezbollah targets in southern Lebanon in retaliation for an incident that killed two Israeli citizens.
The Israeli army has intensified its military operations in southern Lebanon. The IDF called this a response to Hezbollah's actions.
Israeli forces destroyed several underground tunnels in southern Lebanon that, according to Israel, had been used by Hezbollah.
Israeli forces have shelled an area in the southern city of Zoutar al-Gharbiya, where Lebanese soldiers are stationed, as part of the ongoing effort to establish a "pilot zone," according to a statement from the Lebanese Army command.
Late last month, the US and GCC countries imposed sanctions on several Hezbollah financial infrastructure entities
Israeli military destroyed a large underground facility in southern Lebanon used by armed units of Shia group Hezbollah, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Israel Katz said.
The Washington administration wants the Lebanese authorities to control their territory independently, U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said.
Iran’s Ambassador to Iraq Mohammad Kazem Al-Sadeq denied information that Tehran had allegedly refused to provide support to the Lebanese Shiite organization Hezbollah, as reported by the INA news agency.
Syria’s interim President Ahmed al-Sharaa has said he is ready to engage in talks with Hezbollah in a bid to find a solution that will bring peace and stability to neighboring Lebanon.
Benjamin Netanyahu made the relevant decision after negotiations with US authorities
U.S. intelligence agencies have warned President Donald Trump that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is likely to take steps that will undermine his effort to reach a lasting peace deal with Iran, The Washington Post reported, citing U.S. officials.
Iran’s military warned Israel that continued attacks in southern Lebanon could trigger “a military response,” accusing Israeli forces of violating an ongoing ceasefire 84 times over the past two days.
U.S. President Donald Trump issued a rare public rebuke of Israel's military tactics in Lebanon targeting Hezbollah militants.
According to local media, the attack was scheduled to take place during the recent escalation between Israel and Iran on June 7-8
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz warned that in the event of an Iranian attack on Israel arising from events in Lebanon, the Israeli army will strike Iran "with full force."
At least 27 people died and 67 more were injured after Israeli airstrikes on southern Lebanon during the past day, despite the ceasefire that has been in force since April 17, the country’s health ministry said.
Israeli troops conducted a military operation in southern Lebanon, killing up to 50 Hezbollah fighters and consolidating their presence in the area.
Lebanese President Joseph Aoun said a full Israeli withdrawal from Lebanese territory would allow the state to assert its authority nationwide and eliminate the rationale for armed groups operating outside official state institutions.